Business: Bank/Asset Management
Our client is a global financial services company which is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, who is heavily focused on Investment.
Pacific International have been tasked to find a Business Analyst with a testing background - As the ideal candidate you will be responsible for eliciting requirements gathered across the business to understand and translate the business needs into a functional design which can be used by the business and IT function. In addition to this, you will be an important link between the stakeholders on the business side, IT function and the vendors on the development side, as well as supporting the testing of the various applications/software that would be needed to support the business requirements.
- Analyse, define and prioritise the business requirements, as well as the functional or operational specifications for moderate to large projects of increasing complexity - Further, translate into functional design using case documents.
- Provide advice to all areas of IT and Business management for the applications of technology to support business opportunities as well as planning, implementation of cross-functional applications/systems.
- Allocate/Coordinate work within a team/project
- Identify project scope, objectives, constraints, and assumptions.
- Plan and prepare aspects of development proposals including the objective or purpose of projects, existing applications, and equipment that can be used as well as human Resource requirements.
- Liaise with internal business groups on requirements for functional architecture and implementation.
- Use thorough knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Gather and analyse information to assist in the development of suggestions to address business objectives that spans across multiple business and technology areas.
- Work with business and technology teams to implement technology roadmap strategy.
- Train users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems of moderate complexity.
- Act as point of contact or subject matter expert for the business on specific systems.
- Provide technical knowledge related to the business implications of application development projects.
- Support testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems and provides assistance to junior team members on case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution.
- Use broad knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and the organisations corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports - provide guidance to less experienced colleagues. Leads projects and allocates work accordingly.
- Contribute to the achievement of related teams objectives.
Skills and experience
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Technical skills (desired)
- Knowledge of Core Custody applications for Asset Servicing.
- Knowledge of the Finance Industry and the Corporate Actions / Income processing in the marketplace. i.e. knowledge of SWIFT Messaging formats, market specifics, and market practice.
- Knowledge of Vendor Management.
- Experience of Programming/Coding on NCS applications.