The Business Development Manager (Services), is responsible for creating positive influence on the service sales business by engaging with stakeholders in the value chain that have the potential to influence purchasing decisions. Such stakeholders include developers, banks, utilities, asset owners and O&M service providers. Duties include acquiring and verifying market and comparative data for projects to expand growth, financial profitability, and strategic market trends affecting the company.
• Create and execute specific market business strategies for service sales in North and South America, focusing on industry players that might not purchase service products directly but might influence purchasing process.
• Develop in-depth understanding of strategic plans for vertical markets, services, products and technologies.
• Forge strong, trust- and respect-based relationships with key industry players.
• Participate in solar PV conferences and symposiums to promote use and acceptance of SMA services, products, features and technologies.
• Analyze and report on competitive position of O&M service providers and inverter manufacturers.
• Support business unit team in identifying and reporting on future service products based on market trends.
- Senior Sales Executives of North America (i.e. SVP of Sales)
- EVP of Global Service Sales
- Senior Director of Service Sales
- Operations & Maintenance team
MAJOR SELLING POINTS:
- Join an emerging market levelling in maturity with the industry leader and a Renewables market looking at double-digit growth
- Opportunity to drive significant growth for Service Sales Division and realize aggressive revenue targets
- SMA manufactures solar inverters, the most complicated component of a solar power system; uniquely qualified to provide services and repairs for solar projects given highly technical focus area within manufacturing
• A bachelor’s degree is required, technical or business field preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in sales or account manager role with proven track record of success.
• Complex technical sales experience with hardware and/or service products are a plus.
• Experience presenting and closing business with C-level executives.
• Experience in renewable energy technology or related industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of strategic and quantitative analysis is required.
• Ability to analyse and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to directly or indirectly influence.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in a variety of situations.
• Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently.
• Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills are required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent negotiation skills are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Proficiency with Salesforce, SAP, or other CRM tools is preferred.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.