The Continuous Improvement Portfolio Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering a portfolio of Continuous Improvement projects for both internal and external clients. Responsibilities included in this role are deploy the Firm's Best Delivery (client service improvement) strategy and to take ownership of various work streams to support that strategy. The role will also include training and coaching Green Belts, Yellow Belts and others in Continuous Improvement.
In this role, direction and support will primarily come from the regional management team and the central Continuous Improvement function. Advice or assistance may be sought from his or her colleagues and a variety of other sources including Lawyers and Business Services colleagues.
• Determine and deliver process improvement projects that support the Americas region to achieve its goals around client service improvement
• Scope appropriate projects
• Achieve Partner buy-in for delivering projects in a timely fashion within budget
• Lead project teams in applying their experience to determine an optimal approach in complex and multi-dimensional environments
• Ensure process improvements are transferred across relevant practice areas to maximize benefits
• Promote teamwork and collaboration, ensuring prompt identification and resolution of potential areas of conflict
• Deliver or co-deliver training in Continuous Improvement for various members of the Firm and clients
• Contribute to the development of the Continuous Improvement training curriculum.
• Demonstrate and ensure a consistent adoption of Continuous Improvement tools, methods, and processes
• Shape the direction for Continuous Improvement in the Americas in line with the global program
• Develop strategic awareness of business issues within the Firm
• Actively promote the sharing of knowledge across the internal Continuous Improvement community
• Participate in and take responsibility for various work streams that support the delivery of the Firm's Continuous Improvement strategy
• Work closely with support functions such as Legal Project Managers and Technologists to ensure the best possible client service is delivered
• At least 5 years of prior experience in a Continuous Improvement/Lean Six Sigma environment in a professional services firm
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
• Ability to travel up to 15 to 20%
• High level of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to anticipate risks and take action to minimize disruption to business
• Experience in:
o managing a number of multi-disciplined, complex and strategic projects
o delivering revenue, cost and/or service results relating to set project objectives
o working in a 'green-field' site and contributing to the roll-out and success of Continuous Improvement initiative
o training and/or mentoring, including the certification of other Continuous Improvement team members
• High-level :
o consultative approach
o creative, strategic, critical and organizational thinking
o communications skills (verbal and written)
o presentation skills
o proactive approach
o resource management
• Bachelors or Masters Degree
• Master Black Belt Certification
THE CLIENT is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivaled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, the firm offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in Business Services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.