The Continuous Improvement Project Manager will be responsible for delivering continuous improvement projects for both internal and external clients as part of the Firm's Best Delivery (client service improvement) strategy.
In this role, direction and support will primarily come from the Continuous Improvement Portfolio Manager and members of the Global Continuous Improvement team. Advice or assistance may be sought from his or her colleagues and a variety of other sources including Lawyers and Business Services colleagues.
• Deliver process improvement projects that support the Americas region to achieve its goals around client service improvement
• Under the direction of the Continuous Improvement Project Manager, participate in and take responsibility for various work streams that support the delivery of the Firm's Continuous Improvement strategy
• Achieve buy-in from Lawyers and Business Services colleagues to deliver projects in a timely fashion within budget
• Lead project teams in applying their experience to determine an optimal approach in complex and multi-dimensional environments
• Ensure process improvements are transferred across relevant practice areas to maximize benefits
• Work closely with support functions such as commercial managers, project managers, and technologists to ensure the best possible client service is delivered
• Report regularly on the status of projects to stakeholders and promptly identify potential areas of conflict
• Actively promote the sharing of knowledge across the internal Continuous Improvement community
• Three to four years of prior Continuous Improvement experience in a professional services firm.
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification
• Ability to travel up to 15 to 20%.
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Skilled in a number of different techniques to analyze and decompose problems to their component parts in order to effectively communicate with the team members.
• Experience in:
• managing a number of medium to large improvement projects
• delivering revenue, cost and/or service results relating to set project objectives
• business transformation and process improvement
• working in a 'green-field' site and contributing to the roll-out and success of Continuous Improvement initiatives
• understanding business analysis and project management best practices
• leading by example
• developing team members in order to ensure project success
• training and/or mentoring team members on various techniques -- including communication, workshop facilitation and planning
CANDIDATES MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE WILL HAVE/BE:
• A consultative approach
• A creative, strategic, critical and organizational thinker
• A strong customer service focus through clear recognition and understanding of the clients and their requirements
• The ability to solve problems on a wide range of topics
• Able to tailor their coaching style to meet the learning needs of individuals at different levels
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Experience in a leadership role
• Excellent presentation skills
• A proactive approach
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in delivering Lean/Six Sigma training
THE CLIENT is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivaled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, the firm offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in Business Services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.