We are very proud to be supporting this rather unique global organisation that are proving to be innovative in their increasing market and product service offerings in the "on demand" sector, and who are experiencing exceptional year on year growth of up to 300%.
As COO of Western Europe, you will be responsible for the overall Operational Management across Western Europe, which is currently in the UK with a strong view to expand onto mainland Europe (details confidential). This will be in collaboration with the MD, Western Europe and the Global COO.
Our client is currently in the process of its latest acquisition (to be closed before end April 2016 pending shareholder approval), which will see the total headcount of the UK company grow from currently 70 to over 200, a significant part of this is in operations departments.
You will be the key player in the integration of the company and any future acquisitions in Europe. You will also be responsible for leading, developing and executing best practises across all UK/European business units.
The UK is a significant part of our clients global operation, which is projected for 2016 to achieve more than USD 500 million in sales 6 years since inception, continuing to grow around 300% per annum.
The successful candidate will bring innate entrepreneurial drive and ability to spot opportunities, a proven track record in operations excellence, alongside exceptional execution ability. A strong operational and consulting profile is preferable, with an ability to continue to help scale the company from its current state.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Lead and manage the Western Europe operations (Supply, Service, IT, BA).
• Work closely with the MD of Western Europe to integrate new businesses.
• Develop best practice logistics and operations processes.
• Execute, monitor and evaluate activities to ensure that goals are being met.
• Develop and manage timelines for various initiatives to ensure strategicplans and critical processes are carried out in a Lean fashion.
• Support the planning and execution of launching and managing new business opportunities with the aim to build for future scale.
• Collaborate with national and international teams to identify synergies, through process engineering and product changes.
• Provide a detailed and accurate forecasting of benefits, e.g. assess M&A targets during planning and due diligence phase.
• Create a culture of success, on-going business and goal achievement.
• Recruit, hire, coach, and develop a high performing team on an on-going basis.
Technical and Behavioural Skills
• 5-10 years proven track record in consulting or industry, ideally with experience in service operations or logistics.
• Proven ability to integrate and or transform businesses or business units.
• Proven track record in transforming businesses.
• Lean or Six Sigma expert with consulting experience a plus.
• Ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
• Demonstrate leadership capability.
• Professional presentation and analytical skills.
Knowledge & Experience
• Graduate education level and/or MBA.
• Industry background in Process Engineering, Lean or Six Sigma Management a strong plus.
• Experience with negotiating/influencing/networking in all industries, including highly developed presentation skills.
• Experience with managing and delivering complex projects.
• Data driven decision making skills.
• Proven track record in running a business unit/launching new products or services.
• Capable of executing ideas.
• Track record of managing and building high performing teams.