Your role as a Senior Black Belt will allow this premier food manufacturer to continue to transform and change its business operations to align with innovation. The role is based in Chicago and focuses heavily on Continuous Improvement and Lean. You will play a key part in overseeing 50+ facilities in this multibillion-dollar corporation.
In addition to the oversight and management of people, you’ll also serve a crucial role within this internal project team.
This company is not looking for traditional Black Belts. They want true change agents who have the ability and skill to drive / influence change, as well as teach / train, without authority. The goal is to deliver results, not simply complete projects. There are major projects to be tackled and this person needs to use them as a launching point to make this company succeed.
Key deliverables for the role will be:
- Deliver breakthrough levels of process capability improvement
- Provide direction in the execution of the CI strategy
- Train and coach team members in CI tools
- Serve as a change agent in facilitating CI, ease of doing business, 6S, and quality
- Run Value-Stream Mapping sessions with the senior leadership team
Key Skills and background
- Credible and influential change agent with the ability to influence the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; literate in TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder with executive level presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CI position
- Ability to travel 50%
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Black Belt from a company / recognized program