Client is best known for issuing brand credit cards, which are used by more than 25 million members. The company's cards, which include several levels of business and consumer accounts, repay cardholders a percentage of the purchase price each time they use their cards. The company also offers direct banking services, makes student and personal loans, and runs an ATM network system.
ABOUT THE ROLE
High profile position, within Lean Group, reporting to the Head of Lean. Based in Riverwoods, IL,
To enhance our edge, we’d like to be faster, focus even more on the customer, be more efficient, and not get bogged down by bureaucracy. To help do this, we’ve launched a Management System – LMS – a system of managing and working, based on the principles of Lean Management, that will engage everyone to continuously improve what we do every day. It leverages Lean tools such as visual management, root cause problem solving, coaching, and demand and capacity management. The LMS Architect will play a critical role in shaping this company-wide transformation. He/she will be part of a select team of highly skilled and motivated individuals that owns the LMS approach, and is responsible for ensuring the transformations success...
LMS architect will be accountable for the success of the LMS deployment by:
• Developing the standardized approach and for ensuring the transformation within the business is performed to standard and is consistent with the approach
• Ensuring consistency in aspiration level between waves, while maintain a high bar for success
• Tracking and reporting implementation progress (including both performance and health metrics), and taking mediation steps as risk arise
• Helping structure the transformation program (e.g., pace of deployment, number of waves, staffing of change teams)
• Representing LMS program leadership towards the business teams, in alignment meetings and other regular forums. Lead group meetings that may include senior executives
• Spotting patterns across various waves to identify common issues to be tackled by the LMS Center of Excellence
• Ensuring with his/her peer LMS Architects the proper development and staffing of the team of the change agents and LMS business leaders
• Demonstrating distinctive written and oral communication skills as well as stakeholder management, influencing and change management skills.
• They will serve as credible advisors to the executives leading the business, as well as to the LMS program leadership
The Architect will help transform all of organization into a company that uses a Lean-based management system. His/her contribution will shape the end-to-end program as s/he helps:
• Inform the decision on the roadmap of functions/areas the program should go to and when
• Be an expert in the transformation approach and provide thought leadership to 2 concurrent change teams of 4-8 individuals each. He/she will develop the diagnostics for up to 2 concurrent waves to help identify the areas of opportunity, and then develop the customized design based on the diagnostic to implement a sustainable lean management system
• Be an advisor to the change teams for implementation to ensure the design is deployed effectively
• Be a thought partner to lean management practitioners aligned to businesses in an ongoing manner
• Manage change teams, provide support, and ensure delivery and capability building.
• Coach senior stakeholders and business partners in applying lean management principles and implementing the system in their respective areas.
• Develop and improve deployment standards and methodologies to assure long term impact.
• Provide guidance and advice on interpreting and applying lean principles.
• Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree (e.g., MBA or other Master’s degree) preferred.
• 10 or more years of work experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or related continuous improvement areas
• Experienced in change management and influencing people without authority
• Experience leading large scale lean transformations or similar change/transformation efforts
• Strong communications (oral and written), interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
• High level of initiative taking and ownership mindset
• High ability to drive work independently with limited direction
• High comfort with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams of 4 or more high performing individuals
• Demonstrated experienced in stakeholder management
• Thinks strategically and innovatively
Additional desired skills:
• Experience handling executive level stakeholders
• Management consulting with focus on process improvement, lean, change management
• Prior experience in Lean in Headquarter functions (i.e., not operations or support functions)