Our client is a high-growth biotechnology organization with a focus in gene therapy. Their global, patient-centered business is searching for a Director of Analytical Development to support the development, qualification, validation, and transfer of assays in multiple areas, including immunological and molecular biology assays.
They are searching for a technically sound leader who can establish strong relationships with the team in addition to key internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who can easily troubleshoot issues as they arise and drive the development of the assays forward.
Key Functions / Responsibilities
- Strategic leadership abilities that can drive the development and implementation of the assays required to support the AD activities associated with gene therapy or biologic products
- Participates in the development of analytical development strategies from start to finish
- Manages and mentors scientists of varying levels to create a strong, highly function team
- Builds the scientific knowledge and capabilities in gene therapy product characterization that enables fast to clinic / market product development and commercialization
- A PhD in molecular biology, virology or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in cell / gene therapy analytical development roles