Working with this global third party logistics client for some 10+ years, Pacific has supported the growth of their business through strategic and operational talent acquisition in the build out of their European and Americas leadership and management teams.
In North America, our client is looking to continue to build out their Business Development group within it's technology division due to major growth and following a strategic business review and targeting project of approx 40 specific ‘Technology’ companies that they have researched to fit the portfolio and allow for the delivered growth model. The Business Development team is now tasked with growing existing business and also winning new business opportunities with these companies to create the “right business growth”
Reporting directly to the VP of Business Development with close alignment to the GM for Technology Business Unit this group will need to double in size in order to manage the sales plans and growth. The client is currently looking for at least 3 Director level hires before the summer.
Key Deliverables for Year 1 in the role (given to Pacific by the VP) :-
“Getting onboarded into the way of work for the firm and build a strong Sales / Ops understanding of the business model, our values and model for doing business”
“Building the pipeline of new business opportunities and creating the sales pipeline for 2017 – 18 sales and onwards”
“Working towards Y-o-Y minimum sales targets of $5mm per year through to 2020”
“To have fostered great working relationships with the Operations leadership team with Technoology Division to create seemless process and professional client management”
“Creating the further culture of hunting and building new opportunity for our firm”
• An experienced Business Development individual with a proven track record in a similar role.
• University Degree required- MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
• A strong Contract Logistics background is desirable.
• Thorough knowledge of the technology industry as it relates to supply chain services.
• Thorough knowledge of the sales cycle within a supply chain services company.
• Excellent people management skills (guide, challenge and engage your team).
• Fluency in English as a must, other languages are a plus.
• Enthusiastic personality and high level of energy.
• Extensive domestic travel required.