A global insurance brokerage providing a broad range of property & casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products, and services. The company is headquartered in Chicago.
Given the client's rapid growth, the company has a unique opportunity to drive process improvement and innovation, efficiency, and productivity across the company while delivering a highly differentiated customer experience. Through the adoption of these process improvements and innovations along with the adoption of new technologies, specifically in digital, analytics, and mobile, the client has an objective of disrupting the industry to drive significant value creation for the customer and the business. The need for operational excellence, process improvement, and innovation has never been more important, and recently the organization hired a Chief Process Officer to lead this effort.
The Operations Team is committed to hiring the best talent available to deliver top line and bottom line organic growth. The position of Business Process Excellence Leader will report directly to the Chief Process Officer and will have primary responsibility for driving process improvement and innovation using Lean/Six Sigma, innovation, customer experience and change leadership methodologies across the organization. Key measures of success will include EBITDA improvement and increased customer satisfaction. The position will work in close collaboration and partnership with all staff including senior leaders, managers, and desktop services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Use Six Sigma, LEAN, innovation and strategic planning tools and methodologies to drive business process excellence and deliver business results.
- Support the delivery and completion of the current Broker Management ERP Program. Work closely with the business user to drive adoption, outlining the business value and overall financial benefit of standard technology and processes.
- Identify long-term, as well as, opportunities for immediate quick impacts. Work closely with the Chief Process Officer and Executive Vice President of Operations and Technology to drive solutions from a business capability, operations, and process standpoint.
- Implement process improvement disciplines to increase quality and improve delivery and create sustainable measurement and daily management systems to ensure continued success.
- Identify and streamline customer engagement processes; quantify and measure the impact of process improvement efforts and decrease costs with customers. Leverage initial success stories across the enterprise to drive adoption and awareness.
- Coach, mentor, and train the team in the philosophy, methods, and tools of process improvement to increase the organizational capability to respond to problems.
• Minimum 10 years of operations, client service, and/or quality experience in roles of increasing complexity.
• A proven record of successfully completed improvement projects with documented bottom-line impact.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is required.
• Significant experience driving best practices utilizing the application of Six Sigma, LEAN and Kaizen methodologies
• Financial services and/or insurance company experience is required ideally in an evolving and/or transforming environment. Experience working in a private equity backed business is ideal.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Significant change management experience within transformational and highly transactional environments focused on delivering top line and bottom line results would be helpful.
• A proven track record of developing the business case, gaining support from the executive team and delivering the outcome is required.
• Demonstrable customer-facing presentation skills driving large-scale programs.
• Experience leading process innovation and customer-experience-driven projects to deliver step-function improvement is ideal.
• An ability to apply best-in-class methodologies to a legacy environment is crucial.
• Track record of facilitating diverse teams to produce team effectiveness and project results
• Results Orientation as evidenced by a track record of driving complex programs and projects to from start to finish within budget and that routinely exceed the business process expectations and the financial return on investment targets of the business users. The successful candidate has demonstrated the ability to optimize execution and results versus settling for what is simply most practical, cost-effective, or easiest to execute. S/he should be organized, structured and diligent in setting time-bound objectives and navigating roadblocks and eliminating barriers to successful attainment of those objectives
• Team Leadership that is able to generate a following and successfully leads internal teams. The candidate must demonstrate flexibility in style to bring out the best in people with different backgrounds and working styles while unifying them in purpose, role clarity, and expectations related to deliverables. S/he must have a passion for the mandate and instill that passion within his/her team while also promoting the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
• Collaboration and Influencing as demonstrated by his/her ability to build meaningful relationships in a large enterprise across functions, levels, and geographic borders. S/he must be skilled in communicating complex ideas and must be open to ideas from others.