Your role as Engineering Director is tasked with building out the engineering capacity for this growing eCommerce startup. They have a unique product that is disrupting the industry and are looking for someone to help innovate and improve their facilities.
This is a brand-new position for the organization, and they are looking for someone to manage vendors, understand capital equipment needs, and build an internal team within the organization. This is a crucial role for a rapidly expanding organization and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
This role is responsible for multiple sites, will have team reporting up to them, and reports up to the COO.
Key deliverables for the role will be:
- Understand business problems and help strategic equipment solutions to solve them
- Understand equipment needs and develop criteria for evaluating new technologies
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis
- Lead technology implementation planning efforts
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with key vendors
- Understand existing capital equipment and develop KPIs to monitor performance
- Build out cross-functional engineering team
Key Skills and background
- 5+ years managing an engineering department
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing / supply chain operations
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- Data-driven mindset with strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel international
- B.E. in Engineering