Pacific International has been retained by our customer who is a multi-business organisation with around 30,000 employees and a turnover of 5 bn €. Since the mid 2000’s my customer has been on a journey of continuous improvement and transformation across all of their business lines and in all regions worldwide.
The company’s Business System (BS) is responsible for driving practice and performance through one company approach covering the entire company’s value Chain. It’s also the centre of excellence for leading the Digital Transformation for the business.
The BS function has been building high performing teams across the regional hubs in Europe, North America and China where the company has it core footprint of manufacturing/engineering facilities as well as it’s sales and marketing offices. As a BS team member, you’ll be working on large scale transformation activities which are key in driving the strategic direction and plans set by the company’s GET (Global Executive Team).
In the last year, my customer has seen the BS team’s scope of work become more wide reaching and has also included becoming involved in Plant and Operations leadership roles. These specific activities are occurring during the following scenarios: -
- The company makes a large business acquisition or specific business operation in a chosen market and requires an interim Plant Manager to oversee the new facility
- An existing Plant Manager / Operations Leader leaves the company and no immediate replacement is available
- The BS leadership identifies a facility as a ‘red-dot factory’ and needs to parachute a BS team member to coach & co-manage the current leadership team in the factory to lead the turnaround and improvement
- Working with a new factory plant manager to implement and teach the BS methodology and way of working
As the Factory Transformation Leader, you will be assigned a specific facility or multi-site operation. You’ll be co-leading the management of Plant operations for areas likely to include production, quality, material management (procurement and logistics), maintenance/facilities management and production engineering to achieve operational KPIs in line with targets. You will provide leadership for Operations function in the plant consisting of up to 300 FTE employees (in a large plant) and in conjunction with the rest of the local leadership team develop and execute a manufacturing and sourcing strategy which meets business requirements.
- Extensive plant and operational managerial experience from a production / manufacturing setting
- Hands-on experience with implementing change projects
- An instinct for impact and a taste for stretched targets
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communicative skills and ability to operate at multiple organisational levels
- Understanding of lean and related areas (six sigma, TPM, TPS)
- A mindset of continuously challenging your peers and your self