Our client is a West Coast based umbrella company that specializes in delivering high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation solutions to its global customers in a variety of industries.
The ideal candidates for the Global Commodity Manager positions are effective project managers and developers of strategies who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment, while using change management skills to guide and coach others to excellence. Cross-functional communication, the ability to thrive on ambiguity, and experience dealing with global suppliers is essential to this role, since they will be handling international supply chain issues on a regular basis.
There are two positions for this role, one of which is tailored for someone with a background in the mechanical industry, and the other for someone who has worked in the electrical industry.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Assessing factors to develop global commodity strategies that will ensure the best total cost value to our client
- Engaging Product Development team in design for supply chain decisions
- Leading teams in the evaluation, selection, and qualification of new suppliers, as well as the development of existing ones
- Developing strong supplier relationships and create supplier contracts or pricing agreements
- Establishing key internal customer relationships
- Driving lean transformation throughout all aspects of the procurement process
- Conducting periodic supplier audits t oassess potential assurance of supply risks