This role reports to the Director of Operational Excellence for North America. The company is a global manufacturer undergoing a significant operational transformation.
This position is a technical role within the Data Mining and Modeling (DM&M) team; the DM&M group is part of the Supply Chain Center of Excellence within Global Manufacturing & OpEx.
The responsibilities of the DM&M group include: defining DM&M strategy, developing and managing best practices/MET for DM&M, solving commercial and technical problems, consulting on tools and approaches, supporting data miners abroad, building/managing DM&M skills across NSEE, enabling DM&M projects & personnel and leveraging external resources.
DM&M facilitates two types of advanced analytics. The first: supporting Opportunity Identification processes for the company's Supply Chain Transformation pipeline by utilizing Data Mining, the identification/discovery of value-creating opportunities needed to populate the pipeline of OPEX projects. The second: providing advanced mathematical modeling in order to support decision-making, in addition to developing tools that facilitate overall Supply Chain management.
This self-motivated individual must be able to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision and also communicate effectively. Critical job functions include:
- Properly applying the DM&M MET process to various data mining applications.
- Consulting with various clients to develop approaches to solving data mining problems.
- Working with SCF representatives and SC Business Partners to structure the value case for the data mining applications.
- Identifying and documenting systems to be studied, identifying relevant databases for targeted mining efforts, and determining/validating the quality of data for those databases.
- Performing necessary pre-processing and harmonization of data to create a modeling data set utilizing the most effective methods available.
- Performing detailed machine learning and statistical analysis of targeted databases for the purpose of opportunity identification/discovery and decision support.
- Deploying and managing the life cycle of the ensuing model.
- Communicating the findings of data mining applications to clients.
- Working with Supply Chain IT/IS Business Partners to ensure integration of tools into global IT/IS architecture
- Remaining up-to-date on technologies associated with unsupervised and supervised data mining and modeling.
- Providing functional support to the Data Mining and Modeling group to include data mining and modeling training, technology, communications, and documentation.
- A graduate degree (MS or PhD) in the following (or closely related) fields is required: statistics, econometrics, mathematics, operations research or machine learning.
- At least 5 years of advanced modeling experience is required, 10 years is preferred.
- Six Sigma certification is preferred.