Pacific's Financial Services team has been retained by this leading banking institution to identify the leader for one of their fastest growth areas within the bank. Within the Commercial Lending side of the firm, the bank is continuing to take market share from the its competitors due to it's impressive Sales and Operations group with a strong focus on the end to end client journey and simplifying it's activities.
Following the creation of a new division focused on Commercial Wholesale Lending will require you to be a strategically aligned executive who will lead the Operational footprint and cover the end to end activities for approx 150 FTE's. In addition to the regular Operations activities, you'll need to be a change agent and leader for the following activities:-
Loan process simplification, leading the implementation of new and innovative systems and platforms, the creation of specialized deal teams, Digital Transformation for Commercial Lending and regulatory compliance with CCAR, Basel II A-IRB and other regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the board Executive for all of core banking, you'll sit on an senior leadership committee and will therefore need to be comfortable building relationships and managing internal dynamics between Sales, Risk Operations, Technology, Finance, HR and Legal. All of these leaders along with you will be responsible for seeing the bank become a $150 bn size bank in the next 5 - 7 years.
Strong experience will be required in this role to think strategically and tactically, to design and implement deliverables but with the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations and priorities. In addition the bank will implement it's Digital Transformation agenda throughout the next 2-3 years and your Loan Operations team will be a key internal stakeholder for this work.
Key skills / background -
- • 10+ years of Operations Management and experience designing and successfully leading large scale operational change management programs; experience within large Financial Services firms and the residential / commercial loans markets is preferred
- • Bachelor’s degree required; MBA / Masters Degree is a plus
- • Demonstrated experience managing and developing multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- • Excellent judgement and independent decision-making ability with a growth focused and innovative mindset...think "todays bank is not what tomorrow's client wants"
- • Outstanding management, interpersonal and communication skills.
For further details and a confidential discussion, please contact David Howells (London office) +44 207 478 7752 or Maria Vargas (Philadelphia Office) +1 646-893-6782