Our client is a popular food production and meal-kit delivery company that prioritizes freshness in ingredients, bold flavors, and sustainability. They deliver to ninety eight percent of the continental United States in 2 days and have over 700 employees across their 3 manufacturing facilities.
Their staggering growth has attracted considerable attention and funding. They are now investing in operations at a massive scale to catch up with increased demand and expansion.
They are searching for a Head of Food Safety to lead and drive the growth of the Food Safety program at a corporate and plant level. This position will work closely with the Vice President and Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or technology, microbiology or related field OR Combination of education and experience that demonstrates technical knowledge on food safety, food defense, food policy, and microbiology
- At least 5 years of experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, food supply chain, or related field
- SQF Practitioner certification
- Experience with GFSI, FDA and USDA audits
- Understanding of food regulations (FDA, USDA, etc.)
- Experience managing a FS or QA team in a production facility; at least one year of employment as an FSQA Manager strongly preferred
- Multi-site management experience
- Leadership and project management skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time
Please contact Maria Vargas for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org