We are currently engaged with a rapidly growing, private-equity backed plastics manufacturing organization. They are in search of an Industrial Automation Engineer to drive continuous improvement throughout their organization.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with utilizing automation and robotics in continuous improvement efforts. In this role, they will drive a Lean culture throughout the business and will be responsible for the quantitative assessment of the current system performance and the execution of change to reduce cost.
- Plan and lead capital projects to deliver ROI and improvement objectives
- Identify and prioritize for productivity improvements using automation and Continuous Improvement applications
- Optimize manufacturing processes to provide sustainable gains in gross margin and product performance through intelligent automation and capital projects, statistical analysis, designed experiments, procedural changes, simulation and modeling
- Develop efficient, effective systems for capturing critical process metrics for all manufacturing operations; implements automated data collection where possibe
- Work with suppliers and participates in multi-functional teams to resolve technical/quality issues and develop new products
- Monitor process and equipment performance; identify and implement process improvement activities to increase/optimize yield, efficiency or throughput
- Advanced knowledge and programming of PLCs, robots (ABB / Cobot preferred) is required
- Minimum of 2-4-years’ experience in a commercial manufacturing environment driving continuous improvement with demonstrated experience in use of rotary/converting equipment and automation of manufacturing processes