Pacific International's Asian Manufacturing and Engineering sector team has been retained by this Global Manufacturing business as they continue to transform and build a business for growth and EBITDA improvement.
Since the mid 2000’s our client has been on a journey of continuous improvement and transformation across all of their business lines and in all of their regions across the globe. Their 'Lean Business System' is responsible for driving practice and performance through our one company approach covering entire value chain. It’s also the centre of excellence for leading the Digital Transformation for the business.
As an experience Lean Transformation leader, you'll be part of the central team and lead Business System roll out and activities thus enabling the units and divisions to continuously improve performance by systematically spreading best practice throughout the value end to end business value chain
The function has been building high performing teams across the regional hubs in China, North America and Europe where our client has it core footprint of manufacturing/engineering facilities as well as it’s sales and marketing offices. As a business system team member, you’ll be working on large scale transformation activities which are key in driving the strategic direction and plans set by the Global Executive Team. Your stakeholders will be the BU CEO's and also the regional leadership teams. You'll be visible at the highest level and be expected to be a true 'internal consultant' with heavy weekly travel in region and globally
As Senior Lean Transformation Lead, you will lead regional / global projects as drive change activities to implement best practice manufacturing tools, mindset / thinking and processes. You'll create a platform to drive optimisation and continuously improve 4 core areas of quality, safety, delivery and cost, enabling the firm to earn customer loyalty.
In this position you will be responsible for implementing the Lean methodology and you will be the owner of the roadmaps and have the full overview of all running projects, so you effectively can overcome various tough stakeholders and “road blocks”.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Driving and improving results by leveraging lean tools, consulting skills, and change management process and take primary responsibility for implementation of lean initiatives within manufacturing plants and its associated value streams.
- Challenging and supporting factory and divisional management to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for support and development of Lean Experts, Continuous Improvement Specialists, Supervisors, Operators and Managers.
- Creating long term activity roadmaps and lean transformation projects for factories including Kaizen and step change projects.
- Solid business acumen with substantial leadership experience
- To be successful, you possess a high level of energy and drive for delivering results and significant achievements. You work persistently to achieve your goals, and you possess the necessary cooperation skills to develop solid relations. Equally you have the ability to connect and communicate with people at all levels, which enables you to train, coach and challenge others.
- You have gained your leadership experience from a manufacturing environment in a large or medium-sized manufacturing company, e.g. as Plant Manager or Head of Production. This is combined with experience in change management and implementing Lean Management tools and methods.
Your background and experiences
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing background within a plant and operational managerial experience from a production / manufacturing setting,
- Hands-on experience with implementing change projects
- An instinct for impact and a taste for stretched targets
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communicative skills and ability to operate at multiple organisational levels
- Deep understanding of lean and related areas (six sigma, TPM, TPS)
- A mindset of continuously challenging your peers and your self
- Travel intensive and adaptable / flexible.... Can you get flight on Sunday night and be onsite 4-5 days a week, every week?