The Key Account Manager, Channel Sales is responsible for creating positive influence on Key Channel and TPO market customers business by engaging with players in the value chain that have the potential to influence purchasing decisions. Duties include creating solutions for the third-party owner (TPO) market and Key Channel Partners, creating sales tools, identifying selling strategies and influencing customers to purchase products. As such, it is critical to have experience working with Third Party Owners (TPOs) and have an understanding of residential solar financing.
This individual will develop an in-depth understanding of strategic plans for vertical markets, products and technologies; Participate in conferences to encourage and influence the use and acceptance of SMA products, features and technologies in the TPO market; provide input to guide product development and marketing activities to ensure that U.S. product lines clearly reflect market requirements in residential and commercial market segments.
Successfully execute a brand and messaging strategy that positions SMA as an industry leader in the alternative energy industry; initiate and implement strategic alliances with key partners and customers.
• A bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
• At least 7 years of experience in a senior sales or business development role are required.
• Experience in renewable energy technology or related industry is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of strategic and quantitative analysis is required.
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required. Abilities
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to directly or indirectly influence.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in a variety of situations.
• Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently.