The Key Account Manager (Services) is responsible for identifying, monitoring, coordinating, generating, facilitating, and closing Service sales opportunities, using a consultative selling approach, with identified key accounts. Responsibilities include implementing strategies to drive profitable attach rates and capture market share at the assigned key accounts. Responsibilities also include identifying and closing Service sales opportunities in conjunction with product Sales teams, and implementing strategies to drive profitable attach rates and capture market share. Duties include identifying qualified opportunities, funnel management, creating and presenting a value-based Service portfolio, driving contractual terms and conditions alignment, and closing sales.
• Own and achieve or exceed service sales targets at assigned key accounts.
• Develop and drive a strategy for winning complex service sales contracts to include solar power plants built with equipment from other suppliers – multi-vendor.
• Prospects for and identifies service sales opportunities at assigned key accounts and develops strategies to win new business.
• Prospects for and identifies Operations & Maintenance (O&M) opportunities at assigned key accounts and develops strategies to win new business.
• Strives to increase Service sales through relationship building with key decision makers at key accounts, delivering value propositions, and increasing portfolio share by converting customers to purchase Services.
• Actively maintains Service sales funnel.
• Partners with product Sales teams to drive solution services selling, and to create pull throughout all stages of the sales lifecycle.
- Senior Sales Executives of North America (i.e. SVP of Sales)
- EVP of Global Service Sales
- Senior Director of Service Sales
- Operations & Maintenance team
MAJOR SELLING POINTS:
- Join an emerging market levelling in maturity with the industry leader and a Renewables market looking at double-digit growth
- Opportunity to drive significant growth for Service Sales Division and realize aggressive revenue targets
- SMA manufactures solar inverters, the most complicated component of a solar power system; uniquely qualified to provide services and repairs for solar projects given highly technical focus area within manufacturing
• A bachelor’s degree is required, technical or business field preferred.
• At least 10 years of experience in sales or account manager role with proven track record of success.
• Complex technical sales experience with hardware and/or service products are a plus.
• Experience presenting and closing business with C-level executives.
• Experience in renewable energy technology or related industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of strategic selling principals and key account management is required.
• Knowledge of solar PV Operations & Maintenance (Utility and Commercial) is preferred.
• Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and/or inspection is preferred.
• Strong business sense and ability to take action to support corporate growth.
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required; Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Proficiency with Salesforce, SAP, or other CRM tools is preferred.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.