My client is a global provider of Insurance and assistance services, and now launching a worldwide Lean Management program and looking for a lead architect for each of the key countries.
The person will lead the Lean program in a region working directly with the CEO, COO and executive leaders. The role is part of a global team of Lean Architects .
Reporting to the Country COO and the Global Head of Lean Transformation, this role will be responsible for architecting and deploying a Lean Management Transformation. This role will be accountable for the success of the Lean deployment, working together with business leaders, and leading a team of Stream Leaders and Navigators towards the success of the initiative.
This individual will collaborate with operational teams to identify areas, management practices, systems and procedures in need of optimization. Furthermore, the person will direct and lead cross functional/departmental transformations through support, leadership and facilitation. Through the implementation of the 5 lenses framework (voice of customer, process efficiency, performance management, organization and skills, mindsets and behaviors) this person will develop and evaluate process alternatives providing recommendations to C-level Executive’s and Operations leadership. The person will model, design, and align management practices and processes with the strategic plan and in alignment with the Lean Management program.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as a change leader and facilitator of business performance transformations aimed at driving growth and continuous improvement within the organization
- Architect the transformation of the country business lines, anticipate issues and manage the pace of the transformation to ensure program success
- Manage a team of Stream Leaders and Navigators, taking accountability for their delivery and ensure capability building in the team to develop more Streams Leaders and Navigators to support the growth of the program
- Understand the business driver of a country manager and provide thought leader and adaptation of Lean Management to the business reality to ensure the Lean implementation delivers business impact
- Advises the Head of Lean program, prepare staffing plan and prepare reporting and steering committee presentations.
- Use analytical and statistical tools to assist and improve management decision making, problem solving, ensure baseline metrics are established and all improvements are quantifiable.
- Ensure initiatives are aligned with corporate goals, and focus on efficiency and cost/revenue opportunities.
- Provide regular updates and reports to communicate the health of improvement projects, results to planned benefits and prioritization of efforts.
Collaborate with Business Excellence and IT to leverage technologies to optimize operational accuracy and efficiency.
Required Experience and Education
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree or professional designation preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressively more responsible experience and 3-5 years in a middle-managerial function is required
- Experience with building relationships, influencing and reaching agreement with C-level and senior level executives
- A thorough knowledge of the Lean management system and the application of the five lenses of a transformation in a service environment – either as former McKinsey consultant or practitioner of McKinsey Lean methodology
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills and experience
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, analyze, and organize complex data, arrive at reasonable and substantiated conclusions, and present the data effectively to all levels in the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, build credibility, and work effectively with cross-functional groups
- Experience in a call/response center, insurance, travel, or hospitality is preferred
Ability to interact with management and technical people at a variety of levels