The company is an international FMCG/food manufacturer with an annual turnover of over 3 billion Euro.
A strategic decision has been made to implement a company wide production system that will impact all production sites across the group. The purpose of this production system is to achieve cultural change led by total employee involvement / ownership and zero defect and loss behaviours. The long-term goal is to establish a sustainable production system which can be applied across all strategical goals within the company and solve everyday issues.
The company is looking to recruit an elite team of Lean Consultants who will implement the production system by using its tools and methods throughout the whole organisation. This has already been done successfully in several manufacturing units which have now passed the criteria of the first phase.
The Objective of the Lean Manufacturing Implementation Manager is to deploy the Lean methodology and capabilities throughout the organization. The Lean program will be deployed across all roles from shopfloor to leadership level.
- Use the Lean methodology and tools to guide the Plant leadership team through the implementation journey to deliver objectives.
- Train the Lean Route to Target’ tools to production and Leadership Teams within 16 weeks at different locations based the given playbook set up of implementation.
- Plan and execute training and methods based on local circumstances and requirements.
- Based on gap analysis coach Teams to deliver required capabilities and to deliver defined improvement objectives.
- Deliver agreed scope of improvement objectives through development of capabilities and processes.
Education and relevant experience:
- Degree qualified ideally in Process Engineering
- Project management experience with a background in managing finances for a project or function
- Experienced trainer as well as having trained trainers
- Experience as senior Consultant with multinational/cross functional project experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective relationships
- Consistently seeks to improve processes and effectively bring people through change
- Strong in influencing people in different level of organization
- Positive ‘can do’ approach
- High degree of initiative strong results orientation
- The ability to build and develop stakeholder relationships both internally and externally to Board level/good communication skills
- Able to facilitate discussions and lead presentations with confidence.
- Strong Coaching experience is paramount. You must have 3+ years experience in Coaching the Lean Methodology on the Shopfloor. 90% of your time will be spent in face-to-face coaching and training sessions, so strong communication skills are crucial.