My client is looking for a Lean Manager to come on board and help deploy the Lean Production System programme across 144 international sites. The job requires the ability to travel 100% and working visas can be issued to the right candidate.
The Lean Junior Manager will be responsible for the design, development, control, maintenance and deployment of the Lean Manufacturing Methodology.
Lean Production responsibility and goals
- Plan, initiate, set up and drive Continuous Improvement initiatives and events across 144 international locations, in close alignment with the Centralized Lean Management and Group Operations team.
- Kick off or further develop the Lean Production System for all Customer Service Centers in line with corporate and regional policies.
- Train and develop Lean Production and Continuous Improvement skills across the regions as well as contributing to knowledge sharing and best practice development.
- Develop best practices for production and assembly processes and define standard processes
- Enhance Operational Excellence community building
- Support the regions in the implementation of Regional Operational Excellence Strategy, guidelines and policies
- Test and evaluate innovations on manufacturing, process and technology related activities
- Monitor regionals performance against set operational objectives
- Influence and train Lean resources and key leaders on all layers of the organization.
- Train regional management and core employees on production system methodology and Lean principles.
- Lead by example for driving Operational Excellence and quality compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- University degree (preferable Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in Lean management/principles
- Expertise in Toyota Production System is preferred
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management is preferred
- Proven transformation skills
- Shop floor credibility/acceptance, ability to communicate and influence at all levels in the organization
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Results driven, attention to detail