Our client, a German family-owned company and a leading manufacturer within the FMCG industry, is looking to hire a Lean/ IWS/ TPM/ WCM Manager to drive the transformational change across multiple sites in Europe. The customer is 3 years into their global Lean journey already and there is a good basic framework and understanding (local employees trained in Lean) of the Lean manufacturing concepts and approach.
Your role as the Lean Manager is to accelerate and build upon the current Lean infrastructure and capability. Your short-term (12-18 months) responsibility will be to bring Western Europe and the Nordics up to speed. Your mid- to long-term goal (+18 months) is to drive the Lean manufacturing philosophy across all 26 sites, across the Group bringing harmonisation and standardisation.
This Lean manufacturing program is sponsored by the board and sits at Group-level. This role directly reports to the Global Head of Lean. Your day to day activities will center around coaching and mentoring existing Lean experts in driving projects within their local sites.This is a very travel intensive role (~ 80% across Europe).
- +5 years of Lean implementation and capability building within FMCG industry.
- +5 years in coaching/ mentoring of shop floor employees to senior management level in the deployment and rollout of lean concepts.
- +5 years of driving Lean manufacturing across multiple facilities, countries, cultures and horizontally across all business sectors.
- very broad experience in influencing people via EQ (emotional intelligence), the ability to bring a wide range of people together with Lean thinking
- fluent in English and preferably also in German and/or Dutch