Our client is a global strategy and transformation consulting organisation, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with a focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, this global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with many of the world’s leading companies and governments.
Your Role Focus:
With the retail industry in the midst of one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation, retailers need a partner to help them through this - a partner who helps them understand the issues, helps them define solutions and helps them on the journey of transformation. Retailers need more than just glossy PowerPoint documents. They need results.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK’s best-known retailers. constantly develop the thinking around the changing face of buying, merchandising and supply chain in a digitally-enabled world, you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking and making it a reality for their customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors. You’ll be a key member of the Retail Supply Chain Centre of Excellence which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise.
You Will Bring:
• Deep knowledge of distribution operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of:
• Inbound transportation
• Outbound warehouse operations, for both store and home delivery
• Warehouse to store transportation
• Home delivery transport operations including working with parcel carriers
• Multi-temperature environments
• Multi-channel and omnichannel operations
• You will have regularly used data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
• You will have worked across the entire operation (end to end: from manufacturing line to shelf edge or customer’s home) as part of or leading a cross functional team that drives change for good (eg with suppliers, stores, buyers, ordering and forecasting teams and third parties).
• You can show an understanding of how distribution operations impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as buying and retail operations.
• You can give worked examples of how automation can improve warehouse operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in transport and warehouse operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
• Knowledge of strategic network modelling tools will also be an advantage.
• You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
• Finally, experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.