The client is best known for issuing brand credit cards, which are used by more than 25 million members. The company's cards, which include several levels of business and consumer accounts, repay cardholders a percentage of the purchase price each time they use their cards. The company also offers direct banking services, makes student and personal loans, and runs an ATM network system.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
High profile position, within Lean Group, reporting to Lean Architect (Director). Based in Riverwoods, IL.
To enhance our edge, we’d like to be faster, focus even more on the customer, be more efficient, and not get bogged down by bureaucracy. To help do this, we’ve launched a Management System – LMS – a system of managing and working, based on the principles of Lean Management, that will engage everyone to continuously improve what we do every day. It leverages Lean tools such as visual management, root cause problem solving, coaching, and demand and capacity management.
The Change Agent will play a critical role in implementing this company-wide transformation. He/she will be part of a select team of highly skilled and motivated individuals that runs the transformation in specific areas and is responsible for ensuring the transformations’ success...
• Diagnose the current state of business with the help of business partners. Conduct interviews, gather data and analyze current business performance
• Support business leaders (Managers, Directors) in the design of the management system and process-related solutions in their area
• Develop skill sets of 1-3 business leaders and their teams in lean management tools such as visual management, performance management, problem-solving, and implementation of standard work
• Coach leaders on how to shift their team’s collective mindsets and behaviors to instill a culture of continuous improvement
• Own the implementation and maturity of DMS tools and practices within a business area, and communicate progress to program leadership
• Develop and enhance lean training material. Act as instructor for training sessions
• Lead problem-solving activities to define problems, determine root causes, create and test options, implement and standardize solutions
• The Change Agent will work closely with a team of 4-6 other change team members and will be jointly responsible for the development of the program
• Act as a thought partner to leadership on program-related matters
• Help coach newer members of the change team to be effective change agents within 6 months of starting on team