We have been retained by the CEO and Board of this globally renowned FMCG organization with an annual turnover of under €3 billion and they currently employ 9,000 FTE's across 26 countries. They are currently looking to hire a Managing Director to cover all Procurement functions groupwide.
Responsibilities and Goals
- As the Group Procurement Director you will manage a spend level of over € 1,5 billion.
- Your principle responsibility is to lead all global procurement efforts and efficiently and effectively enable functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers.
- You will be leading an international team of 35 people who will help you deliver continuity of supply for all materials and services. You aim will always be to provide your internal customers the best-in-class sourcing of all our commodities.
- Over the next 12-24 months, you will be measured upon your ability to lead the development and implementation of group-wide procurement strategies and best practices.
- Your long term goal is to pursue sustainable reductions in the total cost of goods and services procured, with simultaneous improvements in quality, competitiveness and service while ensuring uninterrupted supply.
- This position reports directly to the Executive Board and all goals and targets will be set with them in advance.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create a competitive advantage for the international brand through the development and implementation of effective sourcing strategies. We are after a sustainable and robust platform that will allow the brand to grow on an international level.
- Deliver % savings by enhancing overall effectiveness of the groupwide procurement network. Exact target to be discussed and agreed with Executive Board.
- Secure uninterrupted supply of ready-to-use goods for all plants and oversee the development and execution of strategies for all direct and indirect categories of spend.
- Review/Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Monitor savings and material impact of changes in commodity markets. You must be able to handle extreme volatility in international commodity markets and feel comfortable with making decisions.
- Our commodity management requires a very strategic and robust plan with a systematic approach to ensure that both value and risk is managed correctly. Risks have to be mitigated in the market whilst running an effective sourcing campaign
- Your contribution to the overall business strategy will be key. Your input alongside the Group CEO and COO will drive the international growth of the company and have a positive impact on the EBIT.
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies, procedures and ethics, and adherence to applicable laws and industry regulations
- You will be tasked with developing certain benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement. A sustainable program across the value chain is the main aim.