Our client is a small food manufacturing leader of high-quality frozen food products servicing its retail and foodservice customers. They are currently searching for a Cost Accountant to own the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s standard costing.
The ideal profile is a hands-on professional who is comfortable in a manufacturing environment. This candidate is a collaborative teammate who can build and maintain accurate product costing models including materials, labor and overhead.
- Translate complex product recipes/formulas into Bill of Materials and work cross-functionally to build annual standard cost including raw material & packaging costs, scrap rates, plant conversion costs, etc.
- Analyze changes in existing and new product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Assist Procurement in reviewing quarterly raw material pricing to determine the impact on our product costs.
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s inventory is valued correctly and for reconciling variances between book and physical inventory.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance Required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 2 years minimum Cost Accounting experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous batch food manufacturing cost accounting experience preferred.