Our client is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions to a variety of customers. Their modern energy-from-waste facilities converts 20 million tons of waste from municipilaities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity--essentially providing solutions to today's most complex environmental challenges.
Our client is seeking a seasoned Senior Procurement professional covering the Northeast region of the US, focused on driving strategitic growth initiatives not only across the assigned territory, but globally as well. This individual is also responsible for managing a team of supply chain professionals with a substantial annual spend, leading the management of supplies and services and supporting a multi-plant environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Bring thought leadership, set direction, and ensure delivery performance for the Northeast region's procurement organization
- Deliver Procurement's contribution to Outage Optimization (plant maintenance & turnarounds), engineering and construction of new plants, etc
- Develop regional category strategies
- Drive robust P2P processes using Continous Improvement methodologies
- Support Global Sourcing Initiatives
- Minimum Bachelor's degree; preferably Supply Chain, Finance, or any technical discipline; MBA desirable
- 7 years of procurement and supply management experience with a complex, global & technology driven organization
- Master level negotiation skills
- Experience with eRFx/Reverse Auctions
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft ERP (or SAP) and Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- 25%-40%--mainly in the Northeast US