Our client is a Fortune 500 company who are a market leader in the manufacturing and materials industry. They have been a Fortune 500 for over 65 years and have a global turnover of over $7bn with 18,000 employees across 25 countries.
As Operations Leader you will be an extension of the Plant Leader and have overall responsibility for the developing and implementing of organizational strategies, standards and practices to achieve best-in-class performance. To be successful in this role you must be able to collaborate closely with the Plant leader, other members of the plant leadership team, as well as the corporate leadership team to share best practices and drive success of the entire business.
The business is building out their manufacturing excellence capability and are looking for a strong leader who will be able to utilize their expertise to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency as well as drive a culture of continuous growth.
Key Measures / Objectives:
- Ensure a culture which enables a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Lead the successful deployment of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) in line with corporate initiatives
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations that are in line with division and corporate goals; and proactively analyze and manage all performance metrics to ensure accountability is held by the team
- Constantly improve the plant’s environmental footprint consistent with company goals and community interests
- Operate strategically and be able to communicate a clear vision of where the organization needs
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Operations Management, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Manufacturing, or similar degree highly preferred
- Three to five years staff supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- TPM (JIPM model preferably)
- Technical acumen, with strong problem-solving skills and mechanical aptitude.