Our client is a small food manufacturing leader of high-quality frozen food products servicing its retail and foodservice customers. It is currently looking for someone to lead their procurement of all non-food products.
The Non-Food Buyer will be responsible for purchasing all packaging, paper, and other non-foods as required (equipment, tools, supplies, etc.). This person will also be accountable for inventory management for the facility.
The right candidate will have experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-volume environment and MUST come from a food manufacturing background.
Key Measures / Expectations:
- Must manage supplier performance and responsible for developing / meeting KPI’s
- Previous experience within food packaging working with box design, corrugate, film, trays, various resins, artwork, inventory management, and production runs
- Identify potential sources of supply, select, and purchase favorable prices while maintain standards for quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Leverage volume and pricing perimeters to enhance margin and reduce costs
- Manage on-site and off-site inventory. Consider floor stock/par levels for suppliers as well to ensure maximization of inventory levels and JIT ordering and fulfillment.
- Adability / flexibility in a fast-paced, start-up environment