Our client is one of the largest distributors of fresh produce and partners with some of the largest grocery stores in the country. Since the founding, it has grown through a number of acquisitions and has over 12 plants across North America.
Or client is extremely well-run and collaborative in nature, split across multiple division with over $2 billion in revenue.
The organization is looking for someone to be responsible for the entire financial function in their plant. The role reports directly to the President, where the Controller is responsible for all day-to-day accounting, financial statement preparations and analyses, annual budgeting, and cash management.
The plant we are hiring for is in Northern California, approximately 300,000 square feet with approximately revenues of $300 million in revenue. The facility cooks proteins / sauces, sandwiches, meals, and salads with a full USDA raw cook room.
Beyond the typical functions of a controller, this person should be hands-on in nature and able to, not only recognize and report the numbers, but be able to work with the plant to rectify any issues.
Background / Key Skills
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/business required
- Minimum of ten years total business experience
- Exposure to highly analytical and challenging business issues with complex financial and operating efficiency implications
- A plant manufacturing orientation with a mindset to “help run the business”
- A straightforward and approachable leadership style that also leads by example
- Able to develop effective business relationships with all members of senior leadership