Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing and materials industry who has a presence in over 30 countries employing over 15,000 staff world-wide, a Fortune 500 company which registered a turnover exceeding £5bn in 2018.
The primary focus of this role will be to provide financial leadership to operational and commercial teams connected to the plant but also provide functional leadership to the sourcing and supply chain activities also linked to the plant.
More specifically the role will involve the development of the sourcing and supply chain function, through the introduction of structures, processes and continuous improvement initiatives, but also include managing the responsibility of maintaining an appropriate controls environment which complies with the company’s internal controls policy with the objective of making a real contribution to the development and execution of the overall business strategy.
Key skills and experience required:
- Strong financial acumen linked to knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles (understanding of P&L and ‘Balance Sheet Dynamics’)
- Proven experience in providing financial leadership to business with manufacturing operations (exposure in areas such as: planning, forecasting, cost management, working capital optimisation, and investment analysis)
- Track record in promoting continuous improvement
- Process and structure orientated
- Strong managerial skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Influencer and change agent
- AAT, CIMA or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience/knowledge in using ‘Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)’
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a major global player which is going through an exciting period as the organisation is engaged in a global transformation but also a fantastic opportunity to work for a business which offers further progression and development.
If you have any questions, please send your queries to email@example.com or contact me directly on 0207 478 7734.