Our client is a Fortune 500 company who are a market leader in the manufacturing and materials industry. They have been a Fortune 500 for over 65 years and have a global turnover of over $7bn with 18,000 employees across 25 countries.
As Plant Leader you will have overall responsibility for the entire manufacturing facility and will oversee the development and implementation of organizational strategies, standards and practices to achieve best-in-class performance. To be successful in this role you must be able to collaborate closely with other plant leaders / corporate leadership team to share best practices and drive success of the entire business.
The business is building out their manufacturing excellence capability and are looking for a strong leader who will be able to utilise their expertise to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency as well as drive a culture of continuous growth.
Key Measures / Objectives:
- Ensure a culture which enables a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors
- Operate strategically and be able to communicate a clear vision of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years
- Lead the successful deployment of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) in line with corporate initiatives
- Constantly improve the plant’s environmental footprint consistent with company goals and community interests
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations that are in line with division and corporate goals; and proactively analyze and manage all performance metrics to ensure accountability is held by the team
- Bachelor degree in engineering is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a plant leadership role with P&L responsibility
- A history of hiring, growing and promoting talent within the organization
- Formal TPM training is essential and a strong background in Continuous Improvement, and Lean manufacturing is also preferred
- Experience successfully designing and leading culture change within an organization