- Degree in an Engineering discipline, or in Polymer Sciences preferred
- 10+ Years manufacturing management experience at a senior level.
- 5+ years of proven technical experience in the polymer industry - all applicants must have this otherwise you will not be considered for the role.
- 3+ years Experience and knowledge about PVC, CPVC and/or PE materials - all applicants must have this otherwise you will not be considered for the role.
- Previous Plant Management experience is a plus. Otherwise 5+ years Experience as a Production or Operations Manager within the Plastics Industry.
- Strong Knowledge in the Injection Moulding and Extrusion field.
- Problem solving approach
In this position you are expected to be:
- Responsible for the safe and effective management of factory operations to agreed levels of performance.
- Contribute to the formulation of production policies and plans.
- Plan and manage factory resources according to agreed budgets.
- Contribute to the company's vision, mission, and key values, aims and activities.
- Develop and implement an effective inventory management system for materials, finished goods and engineering spares in line with company policy.
- Maintain close control of performance, efficiency and operating costs.
- Direct the plant management team towards the achievement of agreed company objectives and plans.
- Promote a participative approach to problem solving and ensure that training, employee relations, morale and discipline are closely controlled.
- Ensure that technical and legal information is available relating to the manufacture of the company's products.