Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, direct and develop all activities across multiple business lines in a 24/7 operational environment compromised of a Production Team of 150+ personnel (full-time and agency).
- Responsible for the strategic operational positioning and readiness for manufacturing and relevant technologies with a focus and commitment to the achievement of key performance and profitability targets. Activities include operational budget preparation and capacity planning.
- Guide the development and implementation of Operational policies and procedures consistent with those of the Group and applicable governing authorities with an emphasis on being fully adaptable and flexible with the nuances and demand of the market. Activities include the ongoing analysis and preparation of operational requirements and business recommendations including business case preparation.
- Strong focus on the development and implementation of continuous productivity improvements. Activities include building on existing KPI’s with an emphasis on Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, value stream mapping, Kaizan, Six Sigma etc
- Review, interpret and take decisive action on financial and operational information; coordinate and develop periodic operational analysis with a keen focus on improving accountability and efficiency. Contribute operational data to the preparation of profit and loss reports for General and Corporate Management.
- Represent the company and interact with customers for all Operational related issues; participate in the preparation of tender responses and contract reviews.
- Effectively integrate the local Supply Chain into the matrix organization involving both Regional Operations(ROPS) and various Global functions. Activities include operational representation for all local requirements/market demands.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Thorough knowledge of the German Manufacturing market – especially in FMCG/Food
- Track record in leading teams in supply chain and logistics functions, achieving targets and managing exceptions and deviations
- Project Management skills – able to setup a project on his / her own and to run the project according to internal standards
- Experience in mapping, analysing and improving business processes
- Lean / Six Sigma skills
- Trainer skills – is capable to introduce complicated contents to teams
- Deep supply chain, manufacturing, operations and logistics experience in Food
- Experience from more than one region of our management units
- Organisation Management – capable of designing and developing an organisation constantly performing against set targets
- Experience in running projects in difficult environments across multiple functions, teams, languages or regions
- Proven Project Management skills
- (e.g. by an acquired certificate)
Soft / personal skills
- Natural leader – capable of leading the required organisational change
- Acts as a coach activating the skills of employees rather than doing everything on his / her own
- Analytical, fact-based working style
- Good presentation and meeting hosting skills – knows how to structure a presentation or meeting to “get the message across / the task done”
- Able to bring persons with different interests together and achieve a common goal
- Collaborator – effective supporter in cross-organisation projects as project member
- Can engage with others and convince / thrill them
- Capable to identify potential future requirements out of market trends
- Able to draft training courses on his / her own
- 8-10 years’ experience in leading a production or operations position within the consumer goods/food industry
- Proven experience in at least three of the following areas:manufacturing, operations, production planning, customer service, supply chain management
- More than 2 years’ experience as a head of production/plant manager at an internationally operating food producing company
- Fluent spoken and written German and English is a must
- Any other language spoken within the group would be a plus