Our client is a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing leader, who is currently building out their Operational Excellence program across the Americas.
The organization has been going through a major transformation, and is looking for Plant Performance Improvement Leaders. Our client is seeking individuals who will be responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of the Lean Enterprise System.
Within the first 3 months of the role, you will be expected to:
- Familiarize with assigned plants and set schedule for improvement activities, general introduction of lean tools with the system.
- Road maps set for assigned facilities / functions
- Improvement activities started and positive gains delivered
The Plant Operational Excellence Leader will be responsible for applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies throughout the plant(s) and act as a lean champion, driving Lean-enterprise culture throughout the organization. You will work closely with both the plant leadership team, as well as the Head of Operational Excellence for North America.
The right candidates will have a background in a fast-paced, dynamic and high volume setting.
Key Measures / Objectives:
- Drive ever-improving results by leveraging lean tools, consulting skills and change management process
- Assist site / company leadership in the development of the Lean Enterprise System roadmap
- Assist in achieving business unit Strategic Deployment Process and Strategic Plan objectives
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business
- Own plant specific projects with targeted improvement metrics
- Ensure the implementation of all relevant principles and technical standards
- Build upon current Lean initiatives within the manufacturing plant and supply chain organizations
- Provide intensive training for production teams and culture support
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing/industrial engineering or management preferred
- Advanced training in lean/six sigma methodologies, 5s, SMED, VSM, Kaizen, and other continuous improvement mothodologies
- Preferred lean and/or six sigma certified to an advanced level