Pacific International's EMEA Manufacturing and Engineering sector team has been retained by this European Manufacturing business as they continue to transform and build a business for growth and EBITDA improvement.
Since the mid 2000’s our client has been on a journey of continuous improvement and transformation across all of their business lines and in all of their regions across the globe. Their 'Lean Business System' is responsible for driving practice and performance through our one company approach covering entire value chain. It’s also the centre of excellence for leading the Digital Transformation for the business.
Working as part of a core transformation group, you will report into the Head of Procurement and Purchasing Excellence as it continues its' strive to maintain and grow in Excellence. They are seeking a Transformation Expert to scope and drive impacting improvement projects autonomously and cross functionally, paying particular attention to those within purchasing and procurement and educating stakeholders on best costing approaches and avoiding capital loss. This role is ideal for someone who is effective in gaining stakeholder rapport and buy-in, whilst striving to challenge current states of working and change behaviours. You will indepedently be assigned to Projects and sit within a core transformation group as they continue to execute their long-term vision.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead Transformation Projects cross functionally, focusing on Purchasing and Procurement.
- Support stakeholders with efficient ways of working.
- Creating long term activity roadmaps and lean transformation projects for factories.
- To be successful, you possess a high level of energy and drive for delivering results and significant achievements. You work persistently to achieve your goals, and you possess the necessary cooperation skills to develop solid relations. Equally you have the ability to connect and communicate with people at all levels, which enables you to train, coach and challenge others.
Your background and experiences
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing background within a plant and/or supply chains.
- Hands-on experience with implementing change projects
- An instinct for impact and a taste for stretched targets
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communicative skills and ability to operate at multiple organisational levels
- Deep understanding of lean and related areas (six sigma, TPM, TPS)
- A mindset of continuously challenging your peers and your self
- Travel intensive and adaptable / flexible.... Can you get flight on Sunday night and be onsite 4-5 days a week, every week