Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality frozen food products that offers frozen appetizers, bakery and dessert products to its retail and foodservice customers.
They are searching for a Production Manager to oversee the day to day operations of the production department. As the Production Manager, you would be responsible for carrying through strategic vision, core values, direction and business performance
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands-on, and results driven individual that can thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Key Functions / Requirements
- Managing a fluid daily production schedule subject to change due to uncontrollable causes; availability of acceptable quality raw produce ingredients, last minute customer request for order changes, shipping deadline, and under staffing
- Accomplish daily production requirements on time and under budgeted cost.
- Re-evaluate line sizing and overall staffing in a dynamic and evolving business.
- Strong floor presence with the passion to spend 90% of time on the production floor ensuring and improving production and quality metrics.
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment following all company implemented safety standards
- Adhere to all safe quality food (SQF) requirements and standards in Pegasus. Including the proper handling of all produce according to SQF standards
- Ability to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment and ability to adapt processes in order to effectively deliver on facility growth.
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline.
- Generally, 2-5 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field preferably in the food manufacturing industry.