Our client is a high-growth organization that offers innovative food solutions to their customers and is looking for talented individuals to drive change in a food manufacturing environment.
The production supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations for a defined team within production by carrying through strategic vision, core values, direction and business performance including:
- Achieving key operational metrics and meeting standards to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction
- Overseeing the retention and development of the defined production team(s).
- Driving innovative and integrated operations initiatives in partnership with management and other members of the team.
- Supervising, directing and coordinating activities of all production team members involved in the food manufacturing of products.
Essential Functions / Experience:
- Accomplish daily production requirements on time and under budgeted cost.
- Act as an active leader and identify, outline and drive process excellence throughout production facility; develop and implement performance metrics and goals to assess individual and team performance levels, share and utilize proven best practices.
- Regularly monitor performance to identify and respond to deficiencies that impact customer service, satisfaction and quality.
- Build and post schedules weekly to the forested hours and ensuring hours worked are within budget
- Re-evaluate line sizing and overall staffing in a dynamic and evolving business.
- Allot the manpower accordingly with efficiency of completing the work on time.
- Strong floor presence with the passion to spend 90% of time on the production floor ensuring and improving production and quality metrics.
- Actively develop top performers and utilizes established performance management guidelines to address performance issues.
- Train and coach associates engaged in operations for future career advancement.
- Ensure associates are trained and adhering to all department and company policies.
- Assist in development of training materials, data sets to support department functions. Train new and existing associates on proper processes and procedures.
- Perform work procedures using Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to ensure food safety.
- Adhere to all safe quality food (SQF) requirements and standards. Including the proper handling of all produce according to SQF standards.
- Report and coordinate the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.