The Channel Sales Program Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of Key Account and Channel Partner programs including, special pricing agreements, rebates, contracts, and general Channel Partner reporting both internal and external to SMA America. This position is a key role for SMA America as the Key Accounts assigned are a significant part of the revenue generated by the company across all business segments utilizing SMA’s entire product portfolio.
• Organizing and maintaining contract renewal schedules for Key Accounts within the Channel Sales business unit.
• Managing and maintaining special pricing agreements with Key Accounts.
• Tracking and reporting Key Account performance relative to contract and rebate obligations.
• Lead and drive monthly meetings with key accounts (manage meeting action items and meeting minutes)
• Collect, maintain, and analyze point of sale data at Key Accounts (deliver actionable reporting to Key Account stake holders)
• Managing deliverables required to complete Key Account projects on time.
• Organizing internal SMA groups to drive towards completion of Key Account projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizes, plans and directs Key Account projects, program schedules, and deliverables.
• Tracks relevant metrics and drive action items based on results
• Coordinates and collaborates with internal departments and stakeholders to ensure completion of all commitments made relative to timelines, quality, and the required business metrics
• Acts as a key point of contact for Key Accounts
• Act as an escalation point of contact in the event of customer issues
• Monitors and tracks project and program deliverables to ensure targets are met
• Responsible for maintaining excellent customer relations with Key Accounts
• Ensures proper documentation is in place for all project phases, working closely with the assigned technical personnel
• Manages internal systems and processes to ensure proper project flow execution
• Other duties as may be required or assigned
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in a technical field or business is required.
• 5 years of experience in Program Management, Project Management or Sales is required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge and Skills
• Positive, confident attitude with customers, who will have to accept this person as a focal point of contact, and have to therefore build the trust that comes from proven and consistent responsiveness, punctuality in execution, precision and quality of written reports
• Knowledge of the Solar Industry, Solar Inverters or Power Electronics is preferred.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
• Organized, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy are required.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to facilitate effective meetings.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to collaborate with internal business units, stakeholders, and Key Account personnel