Our client is a global, rapidly expanding manufacturing & technology company with £3 billion in revenue and a focus on high quality metal products.For their site in the North of London they are looking for a seasoned Quality & Lean Sigma Manager to join them and drive the business forward. Your main goals as the local expert will be to lead the quality team and further imbed a sustainable and robust Lean Sigma programme that will improve current business processes & quality issues. The aim is to improve the overall efficiency of the plant via Lean Sigma projects and Quality Systems and ultimately drive cost savings across the business.
A perfect candidate for this position needs to be able to drive cultural change towards a proactive working attitude and agile enough to adapt to the changing needs of the business. You must be able to work closely with senior management because there will be days where your focus is on advising the site manager on key topics and other days you will need to be hands-on enough to conduct Quality and Lean Sigma workshops and work closely with your Quality team and the blue collar workers on the shop floor.
Background / Key Skills –
- +4 years experience in Quality Management (ISO 90001)
- Strong LSS-knowledge (Black Belt certification required)
- Proven project management and leadership abilities are a plus
- Previous exposure to materials, manufacturing, and related product knowledge
- Experience with metrology & material measurements are a plus
- Be part of an international team with multiple cultures and languages. Flexible enough to integrate and accommodate all personality traits and cultivate problem solving.