We are engaged with a premier food manufacturer specializing in breakfast meats for the past 100+ years. The company is committed to providing high quality products to both its retail and foodservice customers and are looking for top level talent to aid them in this mission.
Currently, they are searching for a USDA experienced Quality Supervisor to lead from the front lines and be responsible for quality and food safety during all hours of operation. The company needs a strong leader that can manage and develop a team of technicians as well.
The ideal candidate is energetic and action-oriented problem solver with previous experience within a food manufacturing environment.
Key Functions and Experience
- BA degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or equivalent major
- 3 to 5 years of experience in quality and food safety in a supervisory role. Experience with meat processing is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail. Basic knowledge of GMP procedures is a must.
- Responsible for quality and food safety accountability during all hours of operation. As well as overseeing, managing, and developing of 7-8 QC technicians.
- Review and update existing product specifications and standards, develop and implement various testing and sampling procedures, prepare related reports and recommend solutions.
- Interact with USDA inspectors on all levels concerning issues with plant policies, facility and programs. Maintain and update all required records and non-compliance issues.