Pacific has been engaged by one of the top steamship lines to be retained on many of their searches per their VP of HR in North America.
Most recently, they've asked us to partner up on their latest open position- Regional Sales Manager in Houston, Texas.
100% Ocean Exports focused
6 direct reports consisting of Key Account Managers and Account Executives throughout the region.
Trade knowledge is a plus.
Mangement of indivduals and KPIs.
Experience with commodities such as cotton, resin and oil.
Region includes; LA, TX, AK, NM, OK and travel is expected.
Deliverables of the role:
Develop and maintain customer & trade-lane specific business plan, and manage sales staff in order to achieve/exceed weekly production quotas for region.
- Pre-plan & manage sales territories ensuring that an average 8 sales and/or joint calls per week are made excluding holiday & vacations and management meetings.
- Work with District Sales Manager and sales staff to ensure that the national sales standards of performance are met by sales team.
- Utilize travel & customer entertainment budget to augment customer relationships & business plan achievement. Ensure that sales staff are utilizing and managing within their respective budgets.
- Manage qualification of new BCO or value added NVOCC business opportunities by monthly review of Journal of Commerce (J.O.C.) market data to ensure that active customers that are moving volumes greater than 100 TEUS per year are known & called on within each sales territory.
- Manage team to ensure push & pull sales follow up occurs after each customer sales calls detailing the results of your sales coverage. At a minimum, each sales call should generate at least one follow up email or correspondence.
- Manage team to ensure timely response to all emails, memos or other requests for information within agreed upon standards which are as follows: