Pacific has been engaged by one of the top steamship lines to be retained on many of their searches per their VP of HR in North America.
The Regional VP of Sales is a strategic hire for the North American business and is responsible for working with Sales Mangers, Sales Directors and sales staff to achieve and exceed regional production quotas. The Regional Vice President of Sales is responsible to ensure that all sales people, including managers & directors, within the region have the necessary resources, training, and support to ensure that they are able to be successful with their assigned tasks.
Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
Develop and maintain customer & trade-lane specific business plan, and manage sales staff in order to achieve/exceed weekly production quotas for region.
- Pre-plan & manage sales territories ensuring that an average 12 sales and/or joint calls per week are made excluding holiday & vacations and management meetings.
- Work with Sales Managers, sales staff and corporate sales team to ensure that the national sales standards of performance are met by sales team.
- Utilize travel & customer entertainment budget to augment customer relationships & business plan achievement. Ensure that sales staff are utilizing and managing within their respective budgets.
- Manage qualification of new BCO or value added NVOCC business opportunities by monthly review of Journal of Commerce (J.O.C.) market data.
- Manage team to ensure push & pull sales follow up occurs after each customer sales calls detailing the results of your sales coverage. At a minimum, each sales call should generate at least one follow up email or correspondence.