Pacific International’s technology, media and telecommunications team has been retained by a fast growth telecommunications business which has recently acquired investment funding to expand its services to both consumer and commercial customers.
Working directly with the Head of Operations and the rest of the leadership team, you will be leading the activities relating to the Regulatory and State Funding projects that our clients decides to target, bid and ultimately win.
Our clients strategic decisions to continue to own it’s own infrastructure and not to sub-contract or sub-lease their lines out to other providers creates a specific opportunity for them with regards to funding through organisations like the DCMS as well as working with other non-competing partners or JV’s in the infrastructure market to create and provide the right solutions for their customers.
This position will require you to manage the end to end activities in relation this regulatory and state funding grants and will include working with the group CEO and the leadership team to create the strategic direction and growth based activities and thus:-
- Identify the opportunities that can gain growth
- Discuss, propose and agree partnerships or JV’s with other providers in the infrastructure and communications market to ultimately support the business’ growth agenda
- Preparing and submitting of bids and proposals, thus becoming the bid / project manager for the projects and programmes of funding.
- Project sizes will be from £2-3m to £10-50m in project / contract value
You will be self-motivated, resourceful and highly organised with a track record of successful bid management. . You would also need to have strong communication skills and be proficient in documentation creation and bid tendering.
You will be expected to travel to sites and future sites as well as meet with government bodies and other organisations and partners. Your duties will be wide ranging and would include:
- To liaise with the management to determine Bid/ No Bid decision on strategy and resources
- To take overall responsibility for tendering and quotations including reviewing and refining procedures, resourcing, planning and tracking;
- Develop working relationships with partner organisations to obtain feedback on technical matters for tendering purposes;
- Obtaining quotes and compliant documentation from manufacturers and sub-contractors, working with Operations Director and COO;
- Working with the CFO to identify new, and develop working, relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Analysing supplier and sub-contractor quotes and preparing price schedules for tender submission;
- To track and follow up tender responses and to ensure bid proposals are both technically and financially compliant and are submitted on time;
- Develop relationships with clients to obtain feedback on tender performance and understand marketing position and pricing;
- Ensure all work practices conform to the organisations values and the external standards within the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a successful and expanding business. Suitable candidates should be able to demonstrate a real desire to succeed, have first class communication skills and hold a deep interest in working in developing the organisation into a major firm within its chosen markets.
For a confidential discussion and additional information get in touch with Siobhan Gibbons at email@example.com or 0207-478-7738.