We are working with a global leader, one of the largest pharmaceutial and biotech manufacturers, that has continued to rapidly grow during COVID-19. We are supporting them in the build-out of the Automation Engineering team at their oral solid dose manufacturing facility. This is the organization's flagship facility so there's great opportunity for growth.
The ideal candidate has deep experience within computer science/engineering in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology manufacturing facility. This is a high visibility role within the organization, and our client is looking for someone with a strong background in PLCs and serialization who can hit the ground running.
- Act as the automation subject matter expert on system capabilities and design decisions.
- Provide guidance to contractors around company standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead the start-up of new automation systems.
- Manage and provide technical support to existing packaging system databases, as well as the design/implementation of new databases.
- Oversee technical documentation clearly defines system and user functions for new and existing automation systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in automation, including: Allen-Bradley Control Systems, PLCs, Vision Systems, serialization
- Troubleshooting difficult electrical/electronic control systems
- Understanding and ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, HVAC, Hydraulic, Pneumatic
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment with maintenance and production in order to resolve issues or provide guidance to prevent recurrence.
- SQL Server database support and management