Pacific International has been retained to support the continued growth of this European owned manufacturing and engineering firm with over 30,000 employees and €5BN in sales and continued EBITDA growth.
Working directly with the group board of Directors and the SVP of the Business Transformation, you will join the firm in this newly created role to drive the continued focus on Manufacturing Excellence and future state footprint and activities relating to all Manufacturing activities across the globe in approx 120 facilities.
As the company continues to innovate and look at Digital transformation, industry 4.0 and the "smart factory of the future", you will be responsible for creating the strategic direction of the Manufacturing change activities whilst working closely with the Business Unit presidents to develop regional and local site improvement activities focused on the areas of cost, quality, safety and speed. Ultimately, the Manufacturing Excellence programme will provide visibility for the internal and external (customers) stakeholders as well as creating the right Digital manufacutring / smart factory capabilities to deliver cost-effective agile and flexible manufacturing sites that scale capacity production and manage demand volitality from customers and suppliers.
Within this role, you'll sit centrally and work with a central team and federated group of internal manufacturing consultants with backgrounds in Lean, Six Sigma, Quality and change. You will facilitate the merging of these tools and techniques to deliver improvement of the core value-creation process flow from raw materials to finished goods.
Experience and Background
• Strong experiences and solid hands on experience in implementing and sustaining Manufacturing and Lean/Operational Excellence production systems within global manufacturing sites
• Demonstrable experience in introducing new approaches into production, taking advantage of emerging and Digital manufacturing technologies to achieve impact
• Have lead plants and demonstrated manufacturing leadership roles
• Senior project leadership experience
• Strong leadership skills and experience with working and executing in a matrix organization
• Natural ability to take the lead and meet the stakeholders where they are
• Energetic passion, willing and able to find a way forward when having multiple and sometimes conflicting interests