Pacific International's EMEA Manufacturing and Engineering sector team has been retained by this European Manufacturing firm with global operations as they continue to transform and build a business for growth and EBITDA improvement.
For over 10 years our client has been on a journey of continuous improvement and transformation across all of their business lines and in all of their regions across the globe. Their 'Lean Business System' is responsible for driving practice and performance through our one company approach covering entire value chain. It’s also the centre of excellence for engaging in the delivery transformation of a recent business acquisition, as well as leading the Digital Transformation across the manufacturing lines.
As the Senior Director of Manufacturing Productivity Execution, you will deliver and execute the pre-devised strategy for this team of 60 consultants, lead activities and set an example, thus enable the units and divisions to continuously improve their performance by systematically spreading best practice throughout the value end to end business value chain. This work will cover the various Business Divisions across a Multi-Billion Euro organisation. You will have the chance to challenge this internal group in activities such as Kaizens and SMEDs, and really take a, 'hands on' approach to creating the best outcome from an efficient group of World Class Internal Consultants.
The function has been building high performing teams across the regional hubs in Europe, North America and China where our client has it core footprint of manufacturing/engineering facilities as well as its sales and marketing offices. You’ll be delivering large scale transformation activities which are key in driving the strategic direction and plans set by the Global Executive Team. Your stakeholders will be the BU CEO's, whilst working alongside the regional leadership teams. Based at the organisation's Headquarters, you'll be visible at the highest level and be expected to lead this programme of 'internal consultants' with heavy weekly travel in region and global locations.
Within this role , you will lead a team of 60 to execute regional / global projects to drive change activities and implement best practice manufacturing tools, mindset / thinking and processes. This will involve having a 'hands on' approach to demonstrating your critique and improvements for the internal transformation group, for them to then go on to deliver this to the Global Sites.
You'll create a platform to drive optimisation and continuously improve 4 core areas of quality, safety, delivery and cost, enabling the firm to earn customer loyalty.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Driving and improving results by demonstrating how to leverage lean tools, consulting skills, and change management process and take primary responsibility for the implementation of lean initiatives within manufacturing plants and its associated value streams.
- Challenging and supporting factory and divisional management to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for support and development of a team of 60 consultants, Lean Experts, Continuous Improvement Specialists, Supervisors, Operators and Managers.
- Using 'Hands on' techniques to critique and improve the Team's approach to improvement activities, such as Kaizens and SMEDs.
- Using the strategy to create long term activity roadmaps and lean transformation projects for factories including Kaizen and step change projects.
- To be successful, you possess a high level of energy and drive for delivering results and significant achievements. You work persistently to achieve your goals, and you possess the necessary cooperation skills to develop solid relations. Equally you have the ability to connect and communicate with people at all levels, which enables you to train, coach and challenge others.
- You have gained your leadership experience from a manufacturing environment in a large or medium-sized manufacturing company, e.g. as Global Programme Delivery. This is combined with experience in change management and implementing Lean Management tools and methods.
Your background and experiences
- Extensive Lean Manufacturing background within a plant and operational managerial experience in the sense of leading Global Programmes as well as Transformation Teams.
- Hands-on experience with implementing change projects, as well as lead internal transformation groups.
- An instinct for impact and a taste for stretched targets
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Strong communicative skills and ability to operate at multiple organisational levels
- Deep understanding of lean and related areas (six sigma, TPM, TPS)
- A mindset of continuously challenging your peers and your self
- Travel intensive and adaptable / flexible.... Can you be Headquarter- based as well as travel to sites 5 days a week?
APPLY AT www.pacific-international.com
For more information on this exciting opportunity for a growth based business. Please contact the Key Account Manager for this role- email@example.com