Pacific International has been retained by the Managing Director of Business Excellence and Change for this niche Financial Services firm based in New York City.
Following a number of ‘growth’ reviews in 2015 with the leadership team and an advisor to the CEO, the business has chosen to launch a program of change focused on Process Improvement and Quality. The program is going to allow our client to continue to grow and thrive whilst focusing on improving the key business processes while the firm is still manageable and able to be agile. This change program will drive a Continuous Improvement / Process culture in the firm.
In your role as a Senior Process Transformation Leader you're activities and execution of projects will focus on areas like Client Retention Rate improvement and projects across Operations and Technology designed to deliver ‘sustainable processes with the Portfolio Management team’. The CEO has also committed to investment in CRM and customer interface technologies.
The objectives of the Process Transformation group are to:
- Drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design and management
- Ensure that the organization is structured optimally to deliver efficient and effective solutions to business partners and customers
- Drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense
- Promote more effective use of existing tools and processes (and eliminate those that are not used or are ineffectual)
- Identify and support the development of new capabilities
- Identify / develop metrics to best manage the organization
• Help define and construct a firm wide process architecture
• Lead end-to-end mapping of all core and sub processes
• Lead delivery of work stream(s) as part of major change programs and process improvement projects across the firm
• Conduct interviews with key contacts across the organization to gather baseline information
• Gather, model and analyze data to test hypothesis and size opportunities
• Work closely with senior management to develop and refine recommended solutions to address issues and capture opportunities
• Compile presentations to summarize findings/recommendations and take part in syndication process to senior management
• Partner with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience at a management consulting firm or in an internal consulting, process re-engineering or change management role.
• Asset Management and/ or Financial Services experience is required
• Six Sigma green belt or above, or LEAN experience is required
• Problem solving skills - Candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, gather and analyze data to support hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations
• Analytical skills - Candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources using Excel
• Project management skills - Candidate must be able to manage multiple work streams, create workable work stream plans and execute on such plans
• Client management skills - Candidate must demonstrate the ability to closely partner with senior and line managers and other stakeholders on projects.
• Communications skills - Candidate must possess excellent written and oral executive-level communications skills
• Teamwork skills - Candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
• Must be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint , Visio and other Office applications; strong modeling skills a must
• Flexibility to travel, as required